Apply on Linkedin
inQbation is looking for a web-savvy Business Analyst (BA) who can wear many hats including requirements analysis, web project management, quality assurance, usability testing, web content strategy, client communications, interactive marketing, and art direction. Your work breakdown will probably fall along these lines; business analysis (35%), communications (30%), project management (20%), quality assurance (10%), and integrated marketing (5%).
You will be an individual contributor within a project team, assisting the project manager and technical team lead, responsible for bridging the communications gap between our clients and the development teams to effectively contribute to the web development life cycle and process. You will exercise excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively convey business strategy, make insightful recommendations, and tactfully and politely manage client expectations.
Specific duties may include:
- Discovery. Lead the discovery phase of the web development life cycle, interview clients to solicit detailed information, help segment web target audiences, define user stories and use cases for each target audience segment, and define user acceptance test procedures to be used as an acceptance criteria towards the end of the project. Definition of requirements specifications, process models, and acceptance criteria. Serves as a consultant to clients to define business goals and success criteria for initiatives.
- Design. Use rapid application development and wire framing tools to mock up sketches and wireframes of significant web pages and landing pages to help define requirements, variables, scope of work, layout, information architecture, and calls to action. Provide design direction to designers, make recommendations on design, and guide designers and clients to choose the most effective design elements.
- Quality assurance. Align yourself with the client and target audience segments to test designs and web pages to ensure quality, completeness, accuracy, usability, and functionality. Participate in joint user acceptance test (UAT) planning and execution. Provide feedback to team members to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Communication. Communicate with the client and project team on a variety of levels, ranging from business to technical, in writing, in person, over the phone, and within a web conference call. Make copious notes of action items, recommendations, and observations to ensure that project memory is retained and conveyed between all parties. Ensure clients are happy, well informed, and expectations are managed. Work with the client and project manager to prioritize requirements, define the level of effort, and proactively manage risk accordingly
- Business development. Assist with the pre-sales process including generating estimates and price quotes with team assistance, documenting specifications, and attending sales meetings. Contribute to our corporate blog, help spread the word, and actively participate in our corporate social media strategy.
- Add Value. Contribute to the company culture, operations, and business processes by participating in strategic decision making, business process improvement, product development, and marketing. Help make inQbation a better company.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, information technology, business administration or related field.
- Experience in breaking down complex business needs into use cases, business models, activity diagrams and other related work products.
- Experience presenting ideas and concepts to teams for validation and buy-in and incorporating feedback appropriately.
- Ability to manage multiple activities with varying priorities while ensuring accurate and timely results.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving skills.
- Analytical thinking and extraordinarily detail oriented.
- Familiar with content management systems such as WordPress, Joomla and Drupal.
- Understanding of web development process and life cycle. Understanding of web technologies, web practices and web design.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Independent thinking and decision making skills
Apply on Linkedin