PHP is a very similar coding language to Java, syntax wise. The declaration of variables, OOP, data types, functions and forming data all resemble that of Java. But, just as Java is also similar to python, PHP has python-like syntax/mechanics as well since variables can change data types easily, reading, writing, and deleting files in PHP has the same types of commands and arguments as python, etc. Since I already knew both Java and python, learning PHP syntax was very easy. Another good part of PHP is integration with databases, which I am currently learning in order to build a CMS. MySql is often paired with PHP and thus has a lot of functionality and online APIs/information which could be used to learn more about their integration and utilization.
- Accessibility (508)
- Agile Software development
- Cloud Computing
- Cyber security
- D7|D8|D9 Development
- Government Contracting
- Government websites
- How to
- Migrating out of Drupal 7
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media Marketing
- The Agile Podcast
- User Centered Design
- WordPress Web Designer in Washington DC
- Drupal Subject Matter Experts, Acquia Certifications, and Site Migrations
- Content Debt, Content Hygiene, Content Cleaning … Whatever its Called, its Important to Effective Content Strategy
- Is a Website a “Public Accommodation” According to the Americans with Disabilities Act?
- What’s the Difference Between Section 508 and WCAG?
- What is a Definition of Done?