Agileana is hiring a remote backend PHP developer. We’re a fully remote company with team members who work across the world, however, the company in based in the Washington, DC area and we work on US Eastern Time.
More about the work:
The team you will join has been working on an app that is close to 10 years in the making. It is in support of Georgetown University. The purpose of the app is to recruit, qualify, hire, and support scholars around the world – like Fulbright Scholars, English Language Professors, and such. We anticipate working with Georgetown for the next 10 years. So, the project is stable, the team is strong, and the culture is incredible.
We’re looking for a skilled web developer; our main programming language is PHP, and web framework is Symfony. The candidate should have a strong understanding of Object-Oriented Programming. An ideal candidate will have experience with one or more PHP Frameworks, preferably Symfony on its latest versions. Basic frontend skills are required, CSS (also preprocessors) and intermediate JS.
We value great communication skills and the ability to work directly with stakeholders in support of our clients’ public-facing websites. You will be supported by a team of equally competent, dedicated, and committed team members.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Write clean, functional code on the front and back end
- Provide day-to-day support including general testing and bug fixing, or other coding duties
- Be a positive influence on the team, collaborate proactively with team members, and share knowledge across multiple projects
- Be the first round of QA on your code
- Produce creative and innovative implementations that meet client and stakeholder goals and requirements
- Review and improve existing internal systems and development processes
- Excellent technical and non-technical oral and written communication skills.
- Experience and great understanding of PHP and the latest best practices
- Knowledge and intermediate experience on front end development (CSS and JS)
- Software Engineer, related field, or equivalent work experience.