How to create photos that look like miniature

The technique called Tilt Shift and I’m seeing it everywhere from the movies to marketing collateral. In the old days, it was performed using medium-format cameras. Nowadays, you can do it on Photoshop or even with a software plugin.

Here are some links that explain the technique: