Grow traffic when friends connect on your site
This is Google’s introduction to Google™ Friend Connect. Google™ is actually trying to help you drive traffic to your site in ways other than AdWords™.
Google™ Friend Connect is a technology that allows you to turn any website into a social networking site where visitors who are attracted to a site can interact with other visitors who are attracted to the same site.
So, what are the implications of this innovation?
- Social networkings sites like Facebook and MySpace may lose some of their appeal
- It lowers the barrier to entry for social networking sites, which costs tens of $1,000 to build
- It allows raving fans to rave together
- It allows disgruntled fans to collectively voice their opinions (until the website owner removes it)
- It reinforces the concept of web 2.0 user generate content
- It takes social networking to a whole new level
Google™ Friend Connect is not even released in beta version yet. But, they are taking applications for early adopters who want to jump on the Google™ Friend Connect bandwagon.