Gmail: How to Change Default E-Mail AddressStep by Step Directions
If your company utilizes the many wonderful tools Google has to offer such as Google docs, calendars, gmail, gchat etc.. then it is likely that they use their company domain name for staff e-mail addresses that are forwarded to your gmail account. This allows company employees to use tools in Google to collaborate on projects with fellow team members and manage their e-mail accounts on gmail.
Google makes it simple for users to create new accounts and switch between gmail accounts, so employees easily create a separate gmail account for work from their personal e-mail account. Often times, employees need to send e-mails from their company domain address on a regular basis and quite possibly never from their gmail address. Many people will find themselves having to manually switch their email address every time it is work related and might accidentally send an email from their personal gmail account to a business client.
- Do you regularly send an e-mail from your @Company’sName.com account rather than your @gmail.com account?
- When you are composing an email, do you find yourself having to use the drop-down menu in the “From” field to select which email address you are sending from every time?
Follow the steps below to permanently set your outgoing email address in gmail to be sent from the domain e-mail address you desire.
Directions: How to Change Your Default E-Mail Address in GMail
- Click the Settings icon in the top right corner of your gmail account user interface.
- Select Mail Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Accounts and Import tab at the top of the Settings menu.
- In the Send Mail As section, click the Make Default link next to the e-mail address you want to always send e-mails from in your gmail account.
- In the When Replying to a Message section below, select the email address you wish to permanently reply to e-mails from (regardless of the e-mail address that the e-mail was originally sent to)
- To save these preferences, click the General tab at the top of the Settings menu.
- Scroll down to the Save Changes button at the bottom of the Settings menu.
- Google Trends
- How to Edit Your LinkedIn Public Profile Preferences & Privacy Settings