Custom Page Building using Django and Tenants

john claire chris jenny

Hello!

Today, we started standing up the communities, the focus of this week’s sprint. Right away, we hit several roadblocks involving the database permissions and new tenant-schemas changes, but with Andres’ help, we fixed the errors and continued. For the majority of the day, I worked on creating the form to generate the community as well as the appearance of the generated community page. I was happy that I was able to apply what I learned from the user registration form and apply it the community creation form. I also implemented the generation of the url for each specific community with John, after learning that certain characters could not be used in a url name.

To be honest, the tasks tomorrow, which concern invitations to specific communities, seem daunting, but I’m sure we’ll be able to figure them out if we work methodically through the flow of the process. Two days until our second demo!

Chris