Washington DC is one of the largest employers of IT professionals in the United States. Job growth is fueled, in large part, by the federal government, which is the largest employer in the United States and thousands of member associations and nonprofit organizations which all need digital support services for their web and mobile apps and sites.
Almost all government jobs and more than half the jobs for member associations and nonprofit organizations require employees based in the United States, i.e. US residents with authorization to work in the US with the ability to pass E-Verify employment verification and a background investigation, which might include criminal record, credit report, and verification of education and past employment.
For those people who can check off the boxes, the average salaries for these positions are pretty decent.
Washington DC Drupal Developer salaries range between $90k-$193k per year according to Glassdoor and $67k-$137k per according to ZipRecruiter (assuming US residency, employment verification, successful background investigation).
According to Glassdoor.com, the average salaries in the Washington DC area for these positions are:
- Cyber Security Manager – $120,694/year (low $78k, high $172k)
- IT Project Manager – $115,490/year (low $88k, high $148k)
- Business Analyst – $83,546/year (low $62k, high $109k)
- Drupal Developer – $92,309/year (low $90k, high $193k)
- UX Designer – $92,487/year (low $68k, high $124k)
- Cyber Security Analyst $82,828/year (low $56k, high $130k)
- Web Designer – $61,986/year (low $46k, high $84k)
PayScale provides similar evaluations (across the US):
- Average salary for Cyber Security Manager – $117,150 across the US
- Average salary for Project Manager (IT) – $113,567 across the US
- Average salary for Technical Architect – $111,881 across the US
- Average salary for UX Designer – $74,159 across the US
- Average salary for Cyber Security Analyst – $75,871 across the US
- Average salary for Business Analyst (IT) – $68,364 across the US
- Average salary for Drupal Developer – $73,164 across the US
- Average salary for UX Designer – $49,601 across the US
Indeed, which posts job openings and has relationships with employers has more insightful data.
- IT Project Manager – $116,764/year
- UX Designer – $88,381/year
- Drupal Developer – $106,996/year
- Business Analyst – $83,815/year
ZipRecruiter, which also posts job openings and collects salary data claims these salary ranges:
- Sr. Technical Project Manager – $129k per year
- IT Project Manager – $104k per year
- Entry Level IT Project Manager – $70k per year
- Certified Scrum Master Salary – $118k per year
- UX/UI Designer – $90,764 per year
- Business Analyst – $82k per year
If you are a IT Project Manager, Business Analyst, Drupal Developer, or UX Designer and are seeking a job, give us a call. Best salaries require US residency, clean background investigation, and employment verification.